The company grew slowly through solid service and parts sales until 1989 when they were awarded the Toyota forklift dealership for Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. It was from that point that real growth was seen.
In 2000, the Salonen family sold the business to a group of local investors, the name was soon changed from Minnesota Lift Truck [MLT] to the present Toyota-Lift of Minnesota [TLM].
- TLM currently employs 78 people in sales, service, parts, rentals, allied equipment and global racking sales
- We have 22 service vans and a tire installation unit in service, as well as six shop technicians
- Our technicians have 355+ years of combined lift truck experience
- We employ technicians that have over two hundred years of experience working on Clark, Yale, Cat, Mitsubishi and other OEM lines
- Our average response time to emergency service calls is 2-1/4 hours
- Technicians have ASE Certification, as well as Toyota Certification. Each participates in Toyota Factory training, in house Toyota certified training, on-line E-learning, and ongoing quality reviews
- The complete Toyota Lift of Minnesota Capability Statement can be viewed at this link as a PDF file